Nurseries aren’t just childcare.
Did you know a high quality nursery can put children three months ahead? We know that nurseries and the early years workforce have an impact that lasts a lifetime. We’re here to shout loud and proud about the incredible difference nurseries and the early years workforce make and give thanks to those who give so much to the futures of children.
Our #firstfiveyearscount campaign has launched to celebrate the early years sector and all they do to make the first five years of a child’s life count.
We are striving to:
- increase understanding of the importance of early childhood education
- better the perception of the early years workforce as educators of young children 0-5
- address the recruitment and retention crisis
- boost the positive feedback the workforce receives about their work
- support the uptake of early years places within settings.
Why do the #firstfiveyearscount?
We know early years professionals understand how crucial the first five years are to the development and well-being of our youngest children. We’re reaching out to parents, carers, MPs, decision makers, employers and other educators to encourage everyone to understand how education in the first five years impacts a child’s future.